Build quality of cameras

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
BodkinsBest
BodkinsBest Regular Member • Posts: 335
Re: Build quality of cameras

nighthawk1234 wrote:

Okay so my first pro body was D3x and i was so amazed how sturdy and rugged camera was. I never touched other pro body before it, but i thought other new cameras in pro section were the same quality (d4, d5, canon 1dx etc). Few months ago at friends place i played with canon 1ds and it was pretty much the same quality as my d3x. To cut story short, he ordered used canon 1dx mark ii, bcs we heard lot of good things about it. But first things we noticed was that plastics all over the camera felt cheap and brittle compared to older series. Note that everything on camera worked perfectly it was incredibly fast and snappy but it felt much more plasticky and cheap compared to old "tanks" it was heavy tho but that was it...

Am i imagining all of this or is quality of cameras slowly degrading so that companies can save some money on build quality? Or what the hell is going on and why would quality drop

Plastic is the new steel. It's a mad, mad world.

BodkinsBest's gear list:BodkinsBest's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD G2
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow