Traveling to China, need to backup my files, any suggestions?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Jimfastcar
Jimfastcar Regular Member • Posts: 405
Re: Traveling to China, need to backup my files, any suggestions?

nbirkett wrote:

Jimfastcar wrote:

I upload my pictures to iPad very day and as soon as I have good internet, I upload to DropBox. I don't delete SD cards, so I have 3 copies of every picture I take.

Thanks but being picky - how do you connect your SD card (or camera) to the iPad? How much RAM does you iPad have? What would you do it you filled up the internal RAM of the iPad?

I also do my editing on a copy so I have the original for some future date when I become more skilled at post processing , right now i am a rank novice in this area.

Good idea.

Apple sells an SD card reader either USB C or lightning depending on your iPad vintage   My iPad is 256 GB of which 90 is pictures but with upcoming IOS 13 I will be able to offload to external drive if I wish   Internet can be dicey outside Europe and NA but you would eventually find enough speed to use something like DropBox or Google Drive    I use DropBox and pay I think around $5 per month for 1 TB which I use for all kinds of things not just pics

Jimfastcar's gear list:Jimfastcar's gear list
Sony a6400 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony 1.4x Teleconverter Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MK
MK
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow