Sigma never stops to surpise me

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FDecker Senior Member • Posts: 1,713
Sigma never stops to surpise me

What a bold move. The first Sigma digital camera without a Foveon sensor. And it makes sense as it will perfectly match an FF Foveon camera in high ISO (low light) situations. With its compactness, it won't be a big thing to have an fp and a FFF camera of roughly the same size in one shoulder bag.

And the design is once again really great. It looks like a serious technical tool. Clean and simple. I love the "heat sink" as it combines function and design (OK, I assume it is a heat sink).

I am a bit afraid that Sigma may leave the Foveon behind in case the fp is a big hit. But it wouldn't fit to their culture and I very much hope that they will bring out the new FF Foveon soon as it is unique in the aspects we all know.

Let's not forget how small Sigma's camera departement is compared to the ones of Canon, Sony and Nikon. This alone demands my full respect for them.

PS: Sorry, I know there are already some threads open concerning the new fp. I couldn't hold myself back....

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
dlj
dlj
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow