what causes the poor quality

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
OP ocean76 Regular Member • Posts: 453
Re: what causes the poor quality

Sjak wrote:

An additional issue is that you're shooting wide open, since there is no aperture control.

Lenses typically are softer wide open.

the lens is f4 originally and shooting at f8 should still be sharp, so I really think that my adapter is wrong. But when I think again, how can an adapter without a glass can be the reason for these muddy and soft results? Does it make sense?

On top of this, although the cams have similar MPs, the sensor on the Fuji is much smaller (and has smaller pixel pitch), and therefore will show "softness" earlier than the 35mm sensor of the 6d.) This potential problem will be emphasized with the TC-shots.

Lastly, AF-lenses typically have a very short focus-throw, which can make accurate manual focus very challenging. Not sure about this particular lens though, I don't use canon-lenses.

If you intend to shoot more EOS-lenses on your Fuji, maybe you can consider the Fringer-adapter? It will allow AF, aperture control and image stabilization to work. I don't know if this particular lens is supported by Fringer, but you could check that. Many members of the Fuji-board seem very happy with the results.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow