Sony A7000/A6700 finally coming ? July 17 is the "Sony Big Day for Camera and Lenses"

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Gundamit Regular Member • Posts: 244
Re: Sony A7000/A6700 finally coming ? July 17 is the "Sony Big Day for Camera and Lenses"

NotAPhotog wrote:

Only announcement I want to hear are for new APS-C lenses.

Even though Sony was making noises at the start of the year about having plans to release more APS-C lenses, I would look to the recent past and how the market is contracting overall and not hold my breath on more APS-C lenses. I would be floored if Sony averaged two E lens releases each year over the next three years. Third party makers like Sigma will be the wildcard in the mix.

Hugh from Three Blind Men and an Elephant is speculating that it'll only be FE lenses going forward from Sony. I hope he is wrong. I believe Sony will need to stay strong in the APS-C market if they hope to hedge their bets in an unstable ILC market. Fuji may not be beating them in every APS-C performance category, but they have enough going for them that if someone asked me what I would suggest to someone who is interested in APS-C (without any intention of going to FF) that Fuji is a better bet.

Gundamit's gear list:Gundamit's gear list
Sony a5000 Sony a6000 Sony a7R II Sony a7R III Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow