Fuji user trying out the Z6

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
GFinzi New Member • Posts: 6
Re: About those native lenses...

Interesting thread. I went from X-H1 + X-T20 to Z7 + X-T20. The X-H1 was marvellous, but I prefer the Z7. I like having the extra resolution and the FF sensor (I know there are arguments about this, but whatever).

The XF 16-55mm 2.8, which I used and sold with the X-H1, was a fine lens, but it is a beast. In fact, I'm pretty sure that combo is slightly heavier than the Z7 + Z 24-70mm 4.0. Do I miss the slight extra reach of the Fuji zoom? Not really. If I really need extra reach on the Nikon zoom, I go into crop mode, which takes the lens to 105mm. (I've almost never done that.)

I find the Nikon combination more comfortable and easier to use. I thought the X-H1 ergonomics and IBIS were terrific, but I think the Z7 beats it with the ergonomics and matches it with the IBIS.

I have the two Nikon Z primes, which I love, and I am looking forward to the Z 85mm 1.8. I bought an absolute pile of Fuji lenses, but I'm finding that once the Z 85mm comes along, I will be happy with the Nikon setup for some time. This is all in concert with my X-T20, which has the 18-55mm 2.8-4.0 and the Zeiss 12mm 2.8. I find that I can walk around with the Z7 and zoom plus the X-T20 + 12mm and I have pretty much everything covered. (Though I'd use one of the Z primes if I'm really after shallow depth of field, or in low light, or I just feel like a change.)

I had two weeks in Japan recently, and the Z7 was a joy to use. I certainly did not miss the X-H1 and XF 16-55mm 2.8. Here are some photos:

Japan album

I hope this post is of some use.

x100mark wrote:

One of my dilemmas is that the XT3+ 16-55MM 2.8 is only a couple hundred dollars short of the Z6 +24-70 f4.

I was wondering if anyone knows what the differences are between these 2 lenses, which have similar focal lengths and apertures.

GFinzi's gear list:GFinzi's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 35mm F1.8
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
FKS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow