Traveling to China, need to backup my files, any suggestions?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
nbirkett Senior Member • Posts: 1,594
Re: Traveling to China, need to backup my files, any suggestions?

ZeBebito wrote:

Nick, lucky you... your camera has two slots so just go redundant and you are set. In my case my current A7Rii has only one card slot so is my drone, I could take my Mac Airbook but adds more bulk and weight, my lower back and hips are not at their best (I am celebrating my 50 b’day on that trip) so a lighter cargo is much appreciate. I’ll be in Yangshou a few days so hi-speed wifi at the middle of the mountains won’t be possible.

I've been exploring this area a lot tonight. When I typed my reply, I had not yet checked out larsbc's suggestion of the RAVPower device.  Having spent some time reading about it and watching videos, I think it might fill this role nicely.

It is relatively cheap (well under $100), contains an SD card slot and a USB port and will do automatic backup from the SD card to a USB drive.  So, if you already have USB drives (like I do), the cost is low.  It also can act as a travel router, stream videos/audio and provide power.  There are phone aps that let you control the device settings.

I plan to check it out more closely but I am impressed by what I have seen so far.  Much lighter to carry that unit (200grams) and a small USB drive or 'stick' than a tablet or laptop.

Have a great trip.  I've never been to China but my ex-wife has been there several times and found it amazing.  Should be some great photo opportunities.

-- hide signature --

Nick

nbirkett's gear list:nbirkett's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MK
MK
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow