How to deliver images to Family/Clients

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SaltLife2030 Junior Member • Posts: 30
How to deliver images to Family/Clients

I recently started taking photos for my wife's family.  These are mainly family photos, baby photos, and event photos such as birthday parties.   I am delivering the images to them via dropbox.  The issue I'm having is when exporting my  images from Lightroom, I'm not sure what  Jpeg settings to use for the file settings and image sizing.  Should I be dropping my quality to 80-90%?  Also, I'm not sure how I should size them (long edge, short edge, width and height) or what pixel dimensions I should use and what pixels per inch? I really don't know what all this means?  Im guessing these dimensions somehow relate to printable sizing such as 5x7 or 8X10?  If anyone could shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it.

My final question is related to how many images I send.  Do you edit all the phots and send the whole lot or do you select the ones you like and only edit and send those selected images?  The way I started doing it, was to select and edit what I think are the best images and place them in an edited folder.  I then take the remainder of the unedited images and place them into a second folder.  I then send both folders out, this way they have some nice edited photos, but they also have all the images taken from the event. They can then contact me if they want me to edit any additional photos from the  event.  What does everyone else do?

I'd like to understand how to deliver images in a professional manner, as I continue to take more and more photos for family and friends.  Sorry for the long post and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

SaltLife2030's gear list:SaltLife2030's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow