PhotoFactor Veteran Member • Posts: 3,164
Re: Which computation do you want?

TeddyD wrote:

PhotoFactor wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

PhotoFactor wrote:

tbcass wrote:

PhotoFactor wrote:

Let's be happy to disagree. I've posted those photos before and I'm not going to waste my time doing it again. You can believe what you want and I (and many others who actually know) can believe what we want. Have a great day.

As long as you don't admit you lack some skills and instead fall back on the automatic features a smartphone provides you will never get better.

So funny that it's always about the skill of the user. It's never a possibility that the phones are actually better in some of these ways.

I'm happy to admit as much. But so far, no one has been able to demonstrate it.

OK, here is "P" mode on the A6000, and a shot at the same time on the Pixel 2 XL. Tell me what non-fiddly skills I need to improve the A6000 picture.

Read the manual?

No, I contended that you could not equal the  phone in certain situations with ILC SOOC jpeg processing. One poster said you just needed to shoot with "P" mode. I did that and demonstrated that the phone DR was better. The entire point if you read the thread was that the phone does better automatically than the ILC. Without fiddling/tweaking/experimenting. I would challenge you to take one shot in 2 seconds that is as good SOOC as the example posted.

PhotoFactor's gear list:PhotoFactor's gear list
Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Sony a6000 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AOC
AOC
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow