Traveling to China, need to backup my files, any suggestions?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
larsbc Forum Pro • Posts: 15,925
Re: Traveling to China, need to backup my files, any suggestions?

ZeBebito wrote:

mfinley wrote:

I think he said he wants to back them up.

Hotdog- there are so many different ways to do this and a lot of them have been posted on these forums, a quick use of the search box will give you a lot of options, people do anything from the cloud, to mini SD cards using a cell phone to portable harddrives...

Yes, my first idea was to backup, but after reading a few horror stories I guess the best bet is simply to take several cards with me.

IMO the best bet is to do backups; taking several cards is just the most convenient. I do both. I have enough card space to handle the entire trip without needing to delete anything off the cards AND I also backup to two devices. I leave one backup in the hotel and the other in my camera bag.

Besides the possibility of a card failing, there's also the fact that they can be lost or stolen. So can a backup device, of course. That's why I keep each backup device in a different location. Even if you're carrying everything with you (eg: taking a train to the next destination), you use the same strategy, keeping one in your camera bag and another in your backpack, for instance. If you use just a single backup device, always keep it separate from where you keep your SD cards.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MK
MK
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow