Sony A7000/A6700 finally coming ? July 17 is the "Sony Big Day for Camera and Lenses"

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
snapa
snapa Veteran Member • Posts: 4,021
Re: Sony A7000/A6700 finally coming ? July 17 is the "Sony Big Day for Camera and Lenses"

mcslsk wrote:

Just got myself a Google Pixel 3. That is bad news for Sony and Canon. The phone gives me incredible snap shots that I hardly need to post process. Very nice HDR, DoF (simulated, of course), color in low light and so on. Good images OOC. Sure, small sensor and all. But why doesn't Sony and others start to put the AI into their cameras that can match or outperform the AI in a smart phone? Personally, I don't need a FF a7000 or an a6xxx that allows me to keep focus on the eye of a pilot in a fighter jet passing by. SONY and others: Surprise me!

I agree with you, if I wanted or needed a FF camera, I'd own one. My Google Pixel 2 does just about everything my a6300/lenses does not do very well, and it is always with me. The one thing it does better is shoot in very poorly lit situations due to the fantastic AI it has. If Sony would/could implement even 50% of what phone manufacturers have done with AI in its "Auto Mode", they would make boat loads of money.

Here are two snaps taken last weekend with the camera set to only 1.7 MP file size (by mistake), after sunset. I just reset my camera to take 12 MP files from now on. Sometimes, you don't really care about or want thin DoF. Also, the colors, WB, etc. looked just like it did when I took those pictures SOOC and cropped.

-- hide signature --

Life is short, so make the best of it while you can!
http://grob.smugmug.com/
https://grob.smugmug.com/Wildlife-Pictures/

snapa's gear list:snapa's gear list
NEX-5T Sony a6300 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow