Travel camera feedback (LX7 vs LX100 II vs Fuji X70)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP eidetic_photog Forum Member • Posts: 98
Re: Travel camera feedback (LX7 vs LX100 II vs Fuji X70)

snappyden wrote:

eidetic_photog wrote:

My wife and I are headed to England and Scotland for two weeks in September, and while I will always have my iPhone Xs with me, I am trying to decide what "pocket" camera I should take if any. I will also be taking my Nikon Z6 for days that I intend to do a lot of shooting, but I do not feel like carrying it around everyday.

I currently own a Panasonic LX7 and a Fuji X70, and I have traveled with both. I can honestly say that I have been impressed and satisfied with the images from both. I even have printed a 24"x36" image on canvas from a CROP of a photo in Venice taken with my LX7 that everyone that comes to my house seems to love, but I am thinking about upgrading to the LX100 II for the additional resolution.

My question to any of the LX100 II users here is whether you think that it is a big enough step up from both the LX7 and X70. What other pros and cons can you think of compared to the other cameras I mentioned?

Thanks in advance.

The LX7 is a quite capable camera. I still take it as my backup camera every time we travel and its never let me down. Here are a few B&W from Venice.

Have a great trip,

Den

Love the photos!

I agree that the LX7 is a great and very capable camera. I love the different aspect ratios and manual controls.

Thanks for your input. I will put you in the "take the LX7" category.

eidetic_photog's gear list:eidetic_photog's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow