Wild Kingdom, here I come!

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
zBernie Regular Member • Posts: 337
Wild Kingdom, here I come!

I never shot wild animals before, so I took my Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3 lens down to the lake seeking wild life. After shooting some slow moving deer and turkeys, I was by the waters edge when this huge crane came flying out of the weeds! It was about 3-4 ft. long, and had a wingspan of about 5 ft.  Unfortunately my shutter speed was still set to 1/250, not fast enough to get sharp images. And this all happened in seconds, and I was unable to bump up the shutter speed. Plus it was overcast. But I had a blast shooting it! I never knew that cranes perched in trees, as you can see in the last image.

I enjoyed this so much I just ordered the second generation Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2, which should arrive Friday. I ordered it from of all places Walmart, for only $1,005! And this is not a gray market item. And for an additional $57, got a 3 year warranty.

Can't wait!

You can get the lens here if interested:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/SP-150-600mm-F5-0-6-3-Di-VC-USD-G2-w-hood-for-Nikon/171135668

zBernie's gear list:zBernie's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +3 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow