Regret buying sony a6500, thinking about other options!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bandofbros Junior Member • Posts: 41
Regret buying sony a6500, thinking about other options!

About 3 months ago I went over from Panasonic to Sony. The Sony a6500 to be precise. There was 1 issue what I had with Panasonic, it was that horrible autofocus. Sony had that amazing autofocus, a bigger sensor also was a huge plus too, with that better bokeh, low light and dynamic range. I liked the sony 10-18mm lens and the sigma trio.

That was were the good points stopped. I hated the form factor. The evf was useless for me as it was too small and not centre as usual. That lcd is horrible with it's dimmed screen and no flip up or flip sideways screen. I hated the button layout, it missed the front dial. The menu is as horrible as they say. I missed the wireless app from panasonic. In the end I ended up fiddeling more with it than actually shooting photo and video. (Even after customizing the button layout).

I am an hybrid shooter, travel is my main usage. I do care about quality. I will definitely change cameras.

So I arrived at 3 options: go back to panasonic, the GH5. Go for the Fujifilm X-T3. Or give sony another go with the a6400.

What would you do? Maybe you know a better option? The GH5 would be the maximum price for a body.

I mainly use an ultrawide lens and a fast portrait lens (prime). I also have a zhiyun weebill lab gimbal, a shotgun mic and the manfrotto befree live tripod. I also use a vari ND.

Fujifilm X-T3 Panasonic GH5 Sony a6500 Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow