Need a opinion on this picture.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
OP lomoapontaechuta Regular Member • Posts: 270
Re: Need a opinion on this picture.

Guy Parsons wrote:

lomoapontaechuta wrote:

I heard, read and saw that film has an equivalent resolution of 3 MP.

That figure is a bit low. From my experience with 35mm film and experiments comparing film to early digital cameras, I came to the conclusion that at about 10MP digital equalled film. Olympus later said 10 to 12MP was the target to beat 35mm film.

In practice (usually then printing for camera club competitions) it worked out that at 8MP digital looked better than film due to the cleaner result. But digital files when printing definitely have a hard size limit where they just looked "empty" if printed too large, while film printed too large had all that lovely grain to hide the fact that the resolution wasn't there.

I'm PP your colour shot for several days now to have a benchmark next time I go out.

thank you

Frankly, it's beyond me why anyone would want to mess up a digital image to make it as bad as film.

Regards.... Guy

Digital it's great, don't get me wrong, and I'm not a hipster, I like definition and resolution as much as the next man.

but sometimes there are subjects that digital with 4k or HD just don't get, and there are other subjects that digital with all resolution in the world just miss the point. Like in those cases when you don't want to capture the real thing and or a person but the memory/idea of the thing and or a person. And for that Digital stills can trails behind

lomoapontaechuta's gear list:lomoapontaechuta's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow