Yongnuo 568ex iii as master...?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
danbphotography New Member • Posts: 4
Yongnuo 568ex iii as master...?

Hi everyone,

I'm tearing my hair out here and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, so any help is appreciated...

I have three 568ex iii's, and I plan to use them to light a wedding reception. My aim is to have one on-camera at low power as a master, and two slaves off-camera.

Here's my setup - so the two off-camera 568's are set to channel 1, slave Canon and group B and C respectively. The on-camera 568 is also channel 1, and group A. All flashes are set to manual mode.

So, when I press the on-camera 568 pilot button, all flashes go off. But when I focus and click the shutter, only the one on-camera fires.

If I set all three to E-TTL, they all fire. Which isn't what I want, as I'm hoping to control them manually.

I can happily change the power settings for all 3 via the master, it's just getting them to fire in manual mode that's proving impossible!!

I'm using a Canon 5D Mkiii, and can't for the life of me work out what I'm doing wrong.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow