Sony A7000/A6700 finally coming ? July 17 is the "Sony Big Day for Camera and Lenses"

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
NotAPhotog Regular Member • Posts: 295
Re: Sony A7000/A6700 finally coming ? July 17 is the "Sony Big Day for Camera and Lenses"

Joachim Wulfers wrote:

People want the top of the line lenses with the widest possible aperture but then complain about weight and size and don't want to pay the price.

Strawmen. Who's complaining about that here? I have the Sigma 16 and Sigma 30 f1.4, the fastest native AF glass for Sony APSC and it is both affordable and light. The Sigma 16mm less so, but still affordable.

And somehow it is a sin for a manufacturer to make a profit.

I'm very happy with Sigma prices. I was talking about ripoffs, like the Zony 24.

The price of the Sony Zeiss 24/1.8 is indeed substantial, it's size is compact and the outcome is superb.

Compact? Compared to what? Certainly not the EF-M 22mm, which is way lighter, smaller, reasonably priced yet doesn't sacrifice any quality. The Zony is big, expensive, and isn't that fast compared to the Sigma primes. At that price and size, Sony should've included OSS. They did it with the 35 and 50, so there's no because for them not to include it here.

A typical case of you get what you pay for in my own opinion after finally getting a used one in perfect condition.

-- hide signature --

Nice passive aggressive post here by the way, clearly directed towards me but no direct reply.

The Zony 24 is the perfect example of why Sony's native lens offering is terrible, buy the apologists will defend it to death.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow