Sony A7000/A6700 finally coming ? July 17 is the "Sony Big Day for Camera and Lenses"

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
NotAPhotog Regular Member • Posts: 294
Re: Sony A7000/A6700 finally coming ? July 17 is the "Sony Big Day for Camera and Lenses"

Only announcement I want to hear are for new APS-C lenses.

I'd like to see a 35mm equivalent compact prime that is on par, if not better, than Canon's EF-M 22mm. The Zony 24mm is a ripoff and way too big for what it could be. I don't think this will happen because they're making too much money with the current 24mm.

I'd like to see updated version for the 16mm and 20mm primes, which were made for NEX-era resolution MP but not for today's cameras. I doubt this will happen either because there's no incentive for them to do so.

I'd like to see a 17-50mm f2.8, but because they'd have to develop one from the ground up to make it as small as possible, I doubt we're going to ever see it because it'll take resources away from FE development.

I guess I would be interested in a new full frame body that is smaller than the A7I/II/III with specs to match the A6400 in terms of FPS, 4k capability, unlimited 4k shooting and a flip screen, but I doubt that will happen either because that would eat into the A7 series/A6400 sales.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow