Need a opinion on this picture.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP lomoapontaechuta Regular Member • Posts: 270
Re: Need a opinion on this picture.

tassienick wrote:

lomoapontaechuta wrote:

My last film incursion didn't go well.

I got my hands on a 90's Minolta Dynax , all seemed well at first, but when I put the batteries in, the camera went mad, starting to do burst mode all over the place, several times until it started to smell burnt, in the screen was written HELP and that was it.

Which is why I suggested a SRT101 (or any manual, mechanical body).

Electronic plastic-fantastic bodies from the 90's are a disaster waiting to happen...

I did went to my father for advice before I went for the dynax.

I ask for his opinion about a Pentax Spotmatic  (he used a Pentax back in the day), to this day he is a fan of Pentax despite shooting with other cameras in this day and age.

the answer was.

Don't buy that... blip.

So the camera is still there for sale.

I went for the Dynax because it was one of the last film cameras, it has "training wheels" features, that was my logic.

I could use my digital cameras to read the scene and put  that  in a film camera, a safety net to not waste a roll. At least at the beginning.

So I didn't discard that option just yet. I just want to try with digital first, because I got a littlecold feet after the Dynax.

lomoapontaechuta's gear list:lomoapontaechuta's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow