Any Sony HX99 owners?

Started Jul 3, 2019 | Discussions thread
NorCal Jim
OP NorCal Jim Regular Member • Posts: 456
Re: Any Sony HX99 owners?

I just moved the photos I took this morning from the HX99 to my computer.  I had the mode dial set to program and images set to JPEG (fine).  The neighbor's crepe myrtle was in bloom and it looked like a chance to try zoom and compare color accuracy.  Although still morning when taken, the sun was really bright.  The color is accurate but the sky was blown out.

Neighbor's Crepe Myrtle

The glare inspired me to try a photo from my wife's art room since the sun created a glare that has washed out a photo taken weeks ago with an EM10ii.  Here is the HX99 stepping up to the challenge...

My wife transformed this machinist chest into paint tube storage.

While still in the art room, I noticed a Vincent Van Gogh self-portrait taken from a calendar some years back and had to wrap my hands around an easel and stretch forward in an awkward position to capture this photo...

Vincent self-portrait removed from an old calendar

Overall, I see some potential for my new HX99 and look forward to some short local excursions to further assess its capabilities.

Jim

NorCal Jim's gear list:NorCal Jim's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX99 Sony a5100 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus PEN-F +14 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow