Question about IPTC data into Kodak DCS 520

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
ClassicAR New Member • Posts: 2
Question about IPTC data into Kodak DCS 520

In 2008 I bought a Kodak DCS 520 DSLR which I sold in 2011; an action I have regretted ever since. So I felt very fortunate to be able to buy another one in mint condition 2 weeks ago, 14,000 clicks, with all accessories in the original box, but without the CD containing the software. I bought 2 new batteries + 2 PCMCIA card holders + 2GB cards + reader, dug up the latest firmware version 3-2-3 + PhotoDesk on opendrivers.com and installed it using Windows 10. All works perfectly; I intend to use the camera regularly on weekend trips etc.

If my memory serves me well there was a possibility to put your personal data into the camera data (IPTC). I have been looking into that. I cannot use the firewire connection, but read that the data may be uploaded to the pc card and then into the camera (same system as a firmware update) using the Kodak Twain Data Source software. Opendrivers.com offer version 5-6-5 but I cannot open install it in Windows, but the setup.exe files keeps sending the message ‘target system OS not supported’, even when using all compatibility options going back to Windows 95. They also offer version 5-9-3: installation eventually worked, but this is an update only.

My question: is there another possibility to transfer the data to the camera? I would really appreciate some advice.

ClassicAR's gear list:ClassicAR's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS 300D Kodak DCS520
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow