#Arkive: Screw head of lens stripped. How to remove it.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
manueljenkin Forum Member • Posts: 90
#Arkive: Screw head of lens stripped. How to remove it.

Full post in this reddit link below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tools/comments/c4fyk6/stripped_screw_head_for_small_screw_please_help/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/SyLoXOB

I got a Zeiss 35-70 3.4 lens and was trying to mod it to F mount via leitax. I messed up in the first stage. Two of the screws came out easily, two others were apparently glued and didn't come out. After multiple attempts the screw head got stripped. Any way I could remove it? I've tried multiple attempts with fevi Kwik, elastic band , different screwdrivers, none worked.

Apparently they are glued heavily and in the other lens I have Zeiss 28mm 2.8 also they refuse to come out. I haven't stripped those screws though.

All Ideas I have found in internet is applicable only for larger screws. Couldn't find anything that would be safe to work on a somewhat fragile and and compact object like a lens.

I don't have any camera/lens repair shop near my house but I have lots of mobile/laptop repair shops nearby.

I got these lenses primarily because I love characterization, they are fairly cheap and because I wanted to open up and see the lens elements somewhat (I love engineering). I'm stuck at first stage now. The camera I have is d750 and the currently only useable lenses I have are the 50mm kit and 105 2.5 ais (that lens is a beauty, almost every shot I click turns out great as long as I get focus right). If I could mod these lenses properly I could make my collection complete. I'm a hobbyist so autofocus not a big deal for me.

Thanks,

Manuel Jenkin.

Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow