Do you use a UV filter as protection?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
spike29 Senior Member • Posts: 1,980
Re: Do you use a UV filter as protection? In your case yes.

Well i think this is a good reason, in rough condition you also protect feet an hands against scratching , damaging. It degrades some fine feel and motion but it's better to have a glove and not be sliced to the bone then feel the sharp edge just before it starts to decent in your hand. 😉

So if i would go out in rough conditions with my kit i would buy a protection filter for those moments.

Maybe two so i don't need to clean in the field but just replace dirty one for an other.

Salty water? Washing of salt from the filter? If your lens is weather resistant you can wash of the front element also or not?

Me? I am a boring holyday and city shooter can't recall being in a touch hars place needed a camera.

Pictures on the beach of kids? Old camera do fine or phone will do.

-- hide signature --

knowledge is addictive, every time i get some i want more.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(If i can remember 1/1000 of everything i learned/read in the past i will be happy as a monky with........)

spike29's gear list:spike29's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow