dead zone

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP 1Dx4me Senior Member • Posts: 7,230
Re: dead zone

photosen wrote:

1Dx4me wrote:

hello everyone,

i don't know if you guys have noticed, but any forum related to DSLR is just about dead, there is no debate, discussion or interest and that applies to aps-c and FF cameras, and just about all of the lenses as well! so what do you think, is canon in the process of killing DSLRs slowly by not introducing any new DSLR camra or lenses to entice new enthusiasm in DSLR camp or no ones has any clue (including canon) as to what is going on. of course i do see some activity in R/RS forum, which is understandable because it is the newest shiny toy! so, what do you think may happen, does anyone think we may see some new activity in DSLR camp, because it desperately needs it? would like to have your comments and opinion. thanks.

There's no relation between forums and brands, for some of us it might just be a case of having learned a lot on such forums, having contributed, but the medium has not evolved so they remained cesspools of misinformation, trolling, opinions, in other words less relevant; the home / front pages are even worse in their peddling of gossip and scandals. Others might even be lucky enough to be shooting instead of participating in forums.

i agree with most of your points, my post wasn't really about "brand" but rather activity in canon's DSLR camp, which there are millions of units in use as we speak! one thing that has bothered me over the years is that we have many pundits in our DSLR forums, regardless of brands, that haven't posted a single photo, which is their prerogative by the way, just to add some credibility to their expressing "knowledge" and opinion to others. that is what has turned most of these forums into a "cesspools" of misinformation, IMO!

If you look at canonrumors you can see Canon has been producing many products, even if they might not immediately of interest to each of us (in my case video and g series), and cameras in particular have reached a plateau: there's still room for improvement but it's not as dramatic as a few years ago. For instance while R cameras seem fine, the only thing I'm looking forward to is an RF UWA lens, and even then I might be perfectly content just with an EF UWA and whichever FF EF camera I can afford.

well, although DSLR is considered a "mature" product, it still has room as far as implementation of newer technologies, such as more models with higher resolution, better DR, noise control in higher ISO and so on! i for me, am waiting for a higher resolution DSLR with better noise control than 5DsR! also, i have i am invested heavily in canon optics and cameras as of now and it'll be prohibitively expensive to jump to another format or brand! and i truely like DSLR format and feel comfortable with it. if canon doesn't introduce another high resolution DSLR, my 1D bodies will last me for many years to come! i have some of canon's finest lenses that i adore so i am not hurting for any more lenses. believe me, the more lenses you have the worst your situation will get because there isn't that much time to try all of them so naturally many of them will be collecting dust

And then you have Canon's deliberate or ponderous market strategy: not very exciting but very reliable, which is a plus when you're out there actually taking photos.

yeah, here i agree with your sentiment!

peace.

-- hide signature --

You miss 100 percent of the shots you didn't take!!! "Wayne Gretzky"

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow