Nikon D850 for Landscapes and Portraits?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
davidjt Forum Member • Posts: 60
Re: Nikon D850 for Landscapes and Portraits?

vbuhay wrote:

LensOnSport wrote:

I really dislike EVF's. I find them artificial. Subjectively, they cut me off from contact with the real scene. And I can't stand the lag times (I got into DSLRs from point and shoot cameras because I wanted the immediacy of the camera response). I don't want my camera to let me see a picture in the view finder of what the 'final' image will look like because I expect to edit the image in post production to give my final version; the camera rendition is not helpful and can be distracting.

+1

+!

Try shooting these with a MILC:

Errrr.... if that was for me - I actually agreed with you completely. The Z7 is not designed for this type of work. The lenses will work and you can do it but it not the best tool for the job. Although that isn't an EVF comment - the A9 can and does - it was designed for performance. I am sure Nikons D5 MILC will be more than good enough.

davidjt's gear list:davidjt's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony RX1R II Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Nikon 24-70mm F2.8E ED VR +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
(unknown member)
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow