Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 USM IS II

Started Jul 2, 2019 | Discussions thread
OP ohthatgirl Junior Member • Posts: 28
Re: Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 USM IS II

I love DPReview and how helpful everyone is. Honestly didn't know what to do. I called Canon and discussed with them the issue. Not surprised to hear they need me to send it in and they can make the call. As I mentioned, the dust (or even the crack I saw) does not seem to impact my images and I more or less consider dust to be part and parcel of a long lens over time. It's the crack that I saw that concerns me more. I have been back for a few days from my road trip and looked under a flashlight and other lights and cannot see the crack. I know it's there. It was very clear. I'm pretty sure it was deep and not the surface - which I have protected with a filter. I'm also very sure it has never even had a low impact. It's pretty protected in my bag and I wear it - shamelessly never use a tripod. I could move on and figure it was an optical illusion on my part, but it does make me wonder why my shots are not as sharp as they were in the beginning. Anyhow, I appreciate all the feedback.

-- hide signature --

OhThatGrl

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow