How does LR 6 reads Fuji RAF files?

Started Jul 2, 2019 | Discussions thread
michaeladawson Forum Pro • Posts: 16,488
Re: How does LR 6 reads Fuji RAF files?

Well, I must admit I'm a bit stumped now that I specifically look for the Adobe supplied camera profiles. I can find all the Canon, Nikon, Olympus, etc profiles, but no Fujifilm profiles.

However, you will also note that you can find only the Adobe Standard .dcp files. You won't find any .dcp files for Color, Landscape, Portrait, or Vivid. So digging a little more I found this: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2475551

It turns out that these are not actually .dcp profiles, but instead are .xmp presets that are applied on top of the Adobe Standard .dcp profile. It may be that something similar is happening with Fujifilm film simulations.

I'm still looking, as I'm curious now. But maybe this information will help you track them down.

Edit:  In fact, the more I think about it the more I am inclined to believe that there are no .dcp profiles for the various Fujifilm film simulations.  I think the Adobe Standard .dcp profile specific to the camera model is applied.  The film simulations are then chosen from some "presets" that are applied on top of the Adobe Standard profile.

That doesn't answer the question of where those presets are stored.  I can't imagine the different film simulations would be stored in the .RAF itself.  That would make no sense.

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

michaeladawson's gear list:michaeladawson's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon D5 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon D850 Fujifilm X-E3 +39 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow