How I Got my $3500 Camera Kit Stolen on KitSplit for $70

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Doug Haag Senior Member • Posts: 1,832
Re: Viral Post

WarrenPeas wrote:

I'm unaware of how the KitSplit company is viewed among its peers. In business, perception is everything. I look at the OP's original post, and I would make me feel like I got mugged in a Craigslist exchange while the repeat perpetrator watched on in the distance. The simple fact that the owner of the company literally created an account (her first post was the reply to OP and this thread) for the purpose of addressing this matter shows the significance of this misstep to the company. They may be taking a step in the right direction, and I certainly hope that KitSplit addresses the matter towards its audience in a proper fashion. The lack of foresight in how to address incidents that can lead towards a downward trend of the company bottom line is eye brow raising to say the least.

I found it interesting that LisbethK's profile indicates that she joined DPReview on June 14, 2016.  Yet, as you say, her first ever post was in this thread 3 years later.  So if the account was "created for the purpose of addressing this matter" (your words), she anticipated the issue three years ago.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow