RX10 IV - Perfect Yellowstone Camera?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
georgehakim
georgehakim Regular Member • Posts: 239
Re: RX10 IV - Perfect Yellowstone Camera?

mhwarner wrote:

georgehakim wrote:

Excellent photos. I was also fretting over camera and lens choice for an African safari later this year and finally purchased the RX10IV. I haven't used it much yet, but seeing your photos I believe I made the right decision. Thanks for posting.

I took the RX10IV to Africa last September and came back with wonderful photos, as well as a large number of excellent videos. I did take a Canon 70D with 18-400 Tamron zoom but it became a backup only and I never used it. The Sony made it so easy to switch from stills to video and the 600mm reach really came in handy. I was limited on weight due to small plane flights between camps but had no issues without the long heavy lenses and tripods. Handholding in a safari vehicle was not a problem. I also used a Canon G7X II for night shots around the camp and a few Milky Way shots.

SONY DSC-RX10M4 ISO 800 1/250 600 mm (EQ35mm)

SONY DSC-RX10M4 ISO 500 1/400 485 mm (EQ35mm)

Wow!! I am now glad I got the RX10iv for my upcoming African Safari (Tanzania). I hope I can get shots like that with it. Thanks for posting.

-- hide signature --

~George

georgehakim's gear list:georgehakim's gear list
Ricoh GR II Sony RX10 IV Sony a7R II Pentax KP Sony a7 III +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow