Any Sony HX99 owners?

Started Jul 3, 2019 | Discussions thread
NorCal Jim
OP NorCal Jim Regular Member • Posts: 456
Re: Any Sony HX99 owners?

John McCormack wrote:

NorCal Jim wrote:

I'm not really surprised with no responses so far--asking about the HX99 was definitely a long shot!

I did get the answers that I was looking for from Jay SonyAlphaLabs on YouTube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMf-myyn7iY&t=2243s

Instead of just choosing between the RX100M5 & M6, I will be getting two cameras (M5 & HX99). I want a long zoom reach and 720mm is very appealing and getting these two cameras allows me to keep the f/1.8 to f/2.8 max apertures and ND filter on one camera while supplementing these functions with a compact superzoom.

Jim

I'm considering the HX99 also. I have the HX80, but the HX99 adds some bells and whistles, including RAW, that make it attractive and the price is decent.

I usually travel with the HX80 and RX100 IV; they cover low light and long shots like this young hawk and puffins that would have been impossible with RX100 IV.

Very nice!  Hopefully, I will have my HX99 tomorrow!  I think I will wait until the fall to get the RX100M5 (in case a M7 is released with features that entice me to choose it over the M5).

Jim

NorCal Jim's gear list:NorCal Jim's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX99 Sony a5100 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus PEN-F +14 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow