Upgrading from E-PM1 to OM-D E-M10!

Started Jul 2, 2019 | Discussions thread
Geo Wharton Senior Member • Posts: 1,398
Re: Upgrading from E-PM1 to OM-D E-M10!

techie takes pics wrote:

SerenityNOW wrote:

After a lot of hand-wringing, waffling, back-and-forth and disappointment at the exorbitant prices of "perfect" cameras, I settled back down to Earth and realized that a straight up upgrade of my current E-PM1 to an OM-D E-M10 is the way to go.

I have a few questions if some of you won't mind helping me out a bit here before I take the plunge (hoping for a big price drop on Prime Days).

1. I can buy just the body, right? I can use my existing 4/3 lens and converters with the OM-D E-M10?

Yes, you can. The 4/3 lenses are actually well regarded for their quality.
However, don't rule out that actual Micro four third lenses might work better, especially on autofocus speed.

Whoah, hold on!  The 4/3 lenses are very good lenses - but only a few of these lenses will autofocus quickly or reliably on any micro 4/3 bodies other than E-M1 bodies.
The short list -  the newer standard grade 4/3 lenses and the 14-54mm II.

If you have 4/3 (not micro 4/3) lenses already, you may want to get an E-M1.  For roughly the same price as a new E-M10, you may want to check into getting a used E-M1 instead.  Better camera and many advantages.

George

-- hide signature --

To take a photo of what I saw should have been so simple...

Geo Wharton's gear list:Geo Wharton's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-4 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN E-PL6 +37 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow