Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Kung Fu
Kung Fu Senior Member • Posts: 3,636
Re: Adding an FX camera

BillyBobSenna wrote:

Kung Fu wrote:

BillyBobSenna wrote:

ACTex4 wrote:

I came here to ask you all a question of adding a D750 to my D7200. Would you consider it a good choice to add an FX body to my DX setup? I would mainly use this camera as my portrait setup and then focus on using my D7200 for sports. I currently shoot both and am about 50-50 right now in terms of my work. Also, I would change to the FX version of the 35mm.

The D750 is great. If you buy it, don’t be disappointed if it is replaced soon or is one of the last DSLRs that Nikon makes.

Why would they risk losing 95% of their user base?

I think that is the point. By using their limited R&D budget on new mirrorless technology that Nikon has already officially said is the future of Nikon, they will keep customers by providing a compelling upgrade path.

I would be very surprised if I every buy another DSLR. My current cameras are good for at least another year and by that time mirrorless will provide no significant disadvantage to DSLR, only benefits.

That’s very optimistic thinking considering that the disadvantages of mirrorless are literally inherent to its design. (smaller body so awkward handling with lenses faster than f4, fewer physical buttons/controls, EVF, lack of native lens lineup, price)

Kung Fu's gear list:Kung Fu's gear list
Nikon D750
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow