Best low light FF Canon DSLR

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Dr_Jon Veteran Member • Posts: 6,080
Re: Shed

Thanks, I really dug myself into a hole with that response as I wanted to keep is fairly short but had a ton of things to say, so perhaps compromised all wrong (needed more or less). I certainly wasn't going near ADC performance as the 6D does it old school so you need another essay to include the 5D4. I really was just saying if you only have a handful of DNs to cover the unamplified data you probably should amplify it in the analogue domain (then saying it will only help a little, then wondering if any of this is a good toad to go down). Oh and of course a lack of DNs is a noise source, but that really seemed a step too far (my entrant for the "bad pun of the year" contest).

I'd be very happy for this sub-thread to go to sleep, as describing complicated stuff as simply as I can (err...) leaves all sort of holes, but I do think my point about fast lenses and lowered ISO is probably useful to the OP. (Well, was some time ago anyway, I'm sure they are reading the more interesting posts now...) You could write an essay on that too of course.

P.S. "toad" was a typo for "road", but I left it as it might make this less dull...

Dr_Jon's gear list:Dr_Jon's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 950 Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Sony RX100 V Canon EOS 5DS R Panasonic GH5 +29 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
MAC
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow