Ricoh GR III Repair Nightmare

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP larryhokie Regular Member • Posts: 470
Re: Ricoh GR III Repair Nightmare

Tungsten Nordstein wrote:

sae1lin2aug3 wrote:

larryhokie wrote:

Hi All,

Dropped my camera 2 feet. Focus, IS ruined. Camera was turned off at the time. Back display graphics glitches.

Sent in to Precision. Camera. I have called them three times. I have called Ricoh twice. I received a nice email indicating that the case would be escalated. Nothing has happened. Today, Precision did not know the update status, said that they had to contact the Ricoh liaison.

Ricoh support hung up on me today after speaking to me and then indicating that the call was being sent to someone else upstream. 4 minutes later, dial tone.

So...

No update. Not from Ricoh. Not from Precision Camera. Camera has been in repair for over 30 days. I’ve only used the camera for about 3 weeks. 2 foot drop destroys camera. How sad. My Ricoh GR III story.

Sorry. I’m frustrated.

Did you have a camera strap.

What do you think? Not quite sure I see the point of asking this.

Yes, the camera is strapped.  I removed it from my wrist before shutting car door.  I also had protective glass screen.  That screen cracked on impact.  I removed it and the Ricoh screen looked fine while powered off. The camera landed on the screen side.  The screen, when turning the camera on, was damaged, as was the lens motor and IS feature and AF. I could still take a photo with some effort and patience.

-- hide signature --

Larry

larryhokie's gear list:larryhokie's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100F Ricoh GR III Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 6D +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow