How much of an upgrade is the D7500 from D3400 ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP AyanA New Member • Posts: 11
Re: How much of an upgrade is the D7500 from D3400 ?

Bender79ita wrote:

My concerns are,

1. Will the D7500 help me get better picture in those aspects (Iso performence, Sharpness & Af speed-accuracy) ?

Yes, iso is slightly better, for AF is the best non-pro system.

1. The AF speed of my current go to combo (3400+tammy G1) is very slow, will the D7500 improve this ?

Depends on the focus motor mostly. If the motor is slow, it won't.

1. I have plans for Nikon 200-500 f5.6 next year. Will it be a better partner to the body then the current Tammy G1 ?(Sharpness, Af speed & accuracy)

No clue, sorry.

Long story short, if you are after features, AF, buffer and framerate, a really usable 3d tracking and a Group AF mode that almost works in pitch black darkness, the d7500 is a good choice.

For bird photography these are key aspects. Anyone (as per the spec sheet)  would love the upgrade. Thanks for your real world experience shating.

It also does have a few compression options for the NEF files, add that to the crop mode can help you handle better the amount of data that you have to store and go trough at home on the computer.

These are the small things that only actual users point out and are not available on most of "review"

Thanks

Image quality difference for the sensor itself, will not vary much, that's why the D3xxx series are so good.

I guess tye story is, D3xxx is very good in this aspect, and the D7xxx is not that much of an upgrade considering price jump. (Very precisely in image quality section consideeing all other parameters "perfect")

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow