Best low light FF Canon DSLR

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Mako2011
MOD Mako2011 Forum Pro • Posts: 26,021
Not really...

Dr_Jon wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

And I pointed out ISO setting alone does not change how much light is collected...only scene luminance, shutter speed and aperture affect the amount of light collected

It's saying that for a "correct exposure" the camera (or you if you meter manually) will let in the same light if the ISO stays the same, regardless of lens, when you reduce the ISO it will let in more light (because it can use more of the sensor's capacity as less is clipped, although it's the same for film).

Not really as simply reducing the ISO setting doesn't mean the sensor will capture less/more light. That's most obvious when setting the "correct exposure" manually then changing the ISO. No matter the ISO setting...the sensor always captures the same amount of light/photons. As you stated earlier, "while ISO doesn't change the amount of light the sensor collects",... only by changing the shutter speed and/or aperture and or scene luminance is more/less light let in

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
MAC
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow