Best low light FF Canon DSLR

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Dr_Jon Veteran Member • Posts: 6,080
Re: did

Mako2011 wrote:

Dr_Jon wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

I was just pointing out that the statement "if you can reduce the ISO, which changes how much light you collect to give a correct exposure" might imply to some the the ISO setting affects how much light the sensor collects at a given exposure and that isn't true. That's all

Which I disagree with....

Well you would be mistaken then as ISO setting does not change the amount of light the sensor collects. You even said so earlier when you stated : "while ISO doesn't change the amount of light the sensor collects"

But will you agree that as ISO increases there is no way to access that light so no one cares? I don't understand why you stay with this comment that is useless to photographers? If you can't ever use it to make a photograph then you shouldn't consider it.

Unless you'd like to explain how you can amplify a signal so it goes beyond the possible output range and still use it? Just look at the saturation values for the 6D I gave, that is what the ISO amplifier does. ISO doubles and you get (approximately) half the light to play with. (Also feel free to explain why that is wrong.)

Actually, how about this. Put a camera on a tripod. Take a picture in one of the auto exposure modes with ISO fixed at 100. Go to manual mode with same shutter speed and aperture but select ISO 800. Then use any Raw tool you want to make an image with all the light you collected.

Dr_Jon's gear list:Dr_Jon's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 950 Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Sony RX100 V Canon EOS 5DS R Panasonic GH5 +29 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
MAC
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow