Best DAM software for someone starting from scratch?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
mballe New Member • Posts: 20
Re: Mylio

fuego6 wrote:

Jimmy C wrote:

fuego6 wrote:

-1 - MAC iOS only

Not true. Site shows Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android.

-2 - website is down

Not true. https://www.mylio.com/

=-3 - you are OUT!

Not sure what to think of this statement.

Well.. the website is back up - it was down and out when the comment was added (but it looks like it was designed by a 4 year old.... dark blue with black text... WHAT??!!)

It may available for multiple OS's... but your images are all stored on their servers... who would want that!?!?! So the software is just a sync - not really software.. you are really doing everything on their web based system... not a true DAM - just a google photos / icloud replacement.

still gets a thumbs down from me...

Mylio is not a cloud solution. Images are stored wherever you like them to be stored. In my case, I have all my originals on a NAS at home, and an external drive at work. Mylio takes care of the synching between all your devices, but the sync happens peer to peer.

They do have the concept of a "bring your own cloud", that allows you to store all your images in the cloud, currently Google Drive or Amazon. You choose whether to store them in the cloud encrypted or not.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow