Landscape Tripod Recommendations

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
StephaneB Contributing Member • Posts: 963
Re: Landscape Tripod Recommendations

KLH475 wrote:

Hamiltionian wrote:

Me experience with photos getting ruined by the wind in Patagonia was my first motivation for testing tripods. I had gone to B&H.com and just picked out the tripod with the best height/weight ratio. It isn't surprising to me now that it wasn't very stable.

I find it difficult to convince people of the value of a good tripod unless they have had this kind of experience. The cost of a good tripod doesn't seem so bad in the context of the time and money it takes to get on location.

This was also my experience. For two years now, going out shooting most days to local botanical gardens for close-up photography, there is always a breeze, sometimes very slight, and other times more noticeable as in - the flowers and leaves are swaying. And now matter how many steps I took in hand-holding my camera, there was always slight blurriness. Add to that the aging process (early 70s) and my noticeably shaky hands when holding a camera as still as possible and occasionally slight body (mine!) swaying. I recently got a tripod and am learning to use it and a comment made by a friend after viewing one of my first photos with the tripod was how "crisp" the photo looked.

Ken

Weight absorbs vibrations energy, but does not improve rigidity.

-- hide signature --
 StephaneB's gear list:StephaneB's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow