Flag Day

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
fad
fad Forum Pro • Posts: 17,343
Re: jouni and Kung Fu, thanks for the comments n/t

Don_D wrote:

SteveS58 wrote:

Don_D wrote:

This has a Norman Rockwell feel to it, the kind of scene that he would have painted. A classic scene, well done.

Hey Steve, much appreciated comment. I enjoy Rockwell's illustrations: they're bringing higher and higher prices these days. I live within driving distance of the Norman Rockwell Museum.

I second (third?) the endorsement of the Rockwell museum.   My learned wife introduced me to the Clark Institute, but it was the Rockwell museum that opened my eyes to the depth of his vision, which I find influencing my thinking from time to time.

The odds are good that R would have not had much use for Trump, but there is something in the air now that embraces both of them.    Sullivan's take on the debates and on how gays are currently losing support among the young are part of the same story.

For me, growing up in marginal Manhattan and going to elite schools, discovering my American identity has been gradual -- living abroad makes one feel very American.  And, to be honest, the Rockwell museum had a similar effect.

-- hide signature --

Frank
http://sidewalkshadows.com/blog/
Photos look better in Original Size
Shot in downtown Manhattan, mostly

fad's gear list:fad's gear list
Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon D4S Nikon D810 Nikon D750 +23 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow