Should I buy macbook or pc for photo-editing (and a bit of gaming)?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ma_n0n New Member • Posts: 19
Should I buy macbook or pc for photo-editing (and a bit of gaming)?

So my old non-retina 2012 macbook pro is becoming really slow these days. PS en LR are not working fast enough anymore (I did upgrade to SSD in the past) but less heavy programs are still doing fine.

Since I would like to take my photography and editing to a higher level, I am in need of a better one. I do plan working for clients in the future. Now it is just hoby.

So my first though was buying a new macbook pro. The 2019 "15 inch seems the best choice but is expensive. Also I am not sure how well apple represents true colours when printing photo's for clients, even after calibration? I could always combine this with an external screen (also I don't know which one).

Also I'd like to game now and then. However many games (such as planet coaster and planet zoo) are not suited for mac, only for windows/pc.

As I am not a technically grounded person, all those specs are acracadabra for me. A (very) good colour screen is most important to me, but I do like to game. What would be a good option for me to buy? Stick with mac for editing? Or are there pc options in similar quality?Or should I buy a non mac desktop with great screen? I really don't have enough money to buy iMac pro.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow