Filter options for 14-24 (or other suggestions)

Started Feb 2, 2016 | Discussions thread
incrediblehark Regular Member • Posts: 310
Re: Filter options for 14-24 (or other suggestions)

Quote: "I rarely go anywhere without my 14-24, but it may be that the best answer is to add the 20 1.8 and filters rather than a big and heavy filter kit for my 14-24 - I'll have to think on it more. I appreciate the added food for thought from everyone"

This is exactly what I did. In Canada the filter kit for the 14-24  was really expensive when I added it all up, at that point the 20mm 1.8g made more sense. I use my ND filters and my Lee ND grads with the 20mm and I'm a very happy guy. I don't use my 14-24 as much as I used to, but when I do use it, I'm sure glad I kept it.  It fits certain scenes extremely well.

You might be able to get away with using your 28mm 1.8g, but I'm not sure if that will be too tight in on your subject. I did what others suggested and got 77mm ND filters and step up rings, then I can use them across all my lenses, except my 14-24.

Lots of good advice on here... Good luck to you.

-Adam

incrediblehark's gear list:incrediblehark's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5D ED +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow