How I Got my $3500 Camera Kit Stolen on KitSplit for $70

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
J A C S
J A C S Forum Pro • Posts: 14,478
Re: A fool and their gear are soon parted

threw the lens wrote:

Aberaeron wrote:

HRC2016 wrote:

1. To rent out personal gear like this is idiotic.
  2. Do we know for a fact the OP was a victim?
  3. Personal insurance isn't likely to cover gear that you rent out to make money. Just like car insurance generally won't cover you if you drive for a living unless you have specific coverage.
  4. Is the new insurance coverage being offered paid for my the gear owner? Then it's another revenue stream.
  5. It makes sense for police not to pursue it. It's a civil manner and the geat owner should consider small claims court
  6. The company should modify its TOS to let renters know they will be turned over for criminal prosecution for theft. Their lawyers can figure it out. Require renters to post a current photo (selfie). Require a deposit ahead of time (to make sure the credit card is good).
  7. The company screwed up and is now paying in so many ways, as they should. Their business model seems exploitive.

Its theft by fraud. Since when has such theft not been a criminal matter?

Keep dreaming in your idealistic world that playing with words matters. The matter comes under non-performance of the contract. If the police had to chase down every loan that had a problem, they should be on the KitSplit payroll. That's not going to happen.

Well, police does chase people who do not return rental cars. Maybe not in every state but there are enough examples of that.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow