Fuji X-T30 what am I missing?

Started Jun 28, 2019 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
misunderstood artist
misunderstood artist Forum Member • Posts: 91
Fuji X-T30 what am I missing?

I am brand new to the Fuji system and mirrorless in general. I just got the X-T30 with 18-55 and also picked up the 55-200. My hope is that I can move from a heavy kit to something more manageable and fun to carry around. I find that I don't love exploring and taking photos like I used to and a big part of that is the weight I hang around my neck.
My current kit is the Nikon D750 and a host of lenses. I had planned to sell off all my Nikon gear and just forge ahead with a mirrorless system. I still have more testing to do but my initial impression of the Fuji is just meh. I find it really lacking in DR compared to my Nikon D750. Even after a normal edit that I might do, the images look blah and as if they are lacking something. They don't have that pop and depth that I am used to being able to bring out of an image.
My questions are, firstly, am I expecting too much from this camera? Being a completely new system, are there settings I might not have selected that would make things better? I am shooting RAW and basically as close as I could configure to the settings I use on my Nikon. Any suggestions appreciated.
Respectfully,
BE

misunderstood artist's gear list:misunderstood artist's gear list
Nikon Z50 Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 16-50mm F3.5-6.3 VR Nikon Z 50-250mm F4.5-6.3 VR
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow