Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 42,825
Re: ↑ rise of YouTub Video + Sony A7 superior Low-light, Eye AF tracking

Aberaeron wrote:

tbcass wrote:

Aberaeron wrote:

tbcass wrote:

My statement doesn't preclude some, at present unknown, future technology that could result in major improvements. Holographic imaging comes to mind. Can you think of something?

Global shutter. 8 or 16k video and photo frame extraction from those. In body raw processing for cameras still lacking it. Auto panning and zooming without moving the body, for those still lacking the feature. Better panorama auto stitching and its inclusion on cameras that currently lack the feature. More cameras with star trail and auto composite features. Pixel shifting technology for those that lack it for both eliminating moire and for ultra high definition images. Eye autofocus for more animals, birds and fish.

And so on and so forth ad-infinitum.

I think we have a difference in opinion about what constitutes a "major" improvement. I consider those incremental improvements.

So just what would you consider to be major improvements?

The aforementioned Holographic Imaging. I consider your list more in the line of features that are nice but I can do without.

For me there are 6 major areas I look for in a camera. Resolution, high ISO performance, Burst Speed, Auto Focus (speed, accuracy and tracking), Dynamic range and video quality. At the present time cameras have advanced to the point where further improvements in those areas will be incremental rather than major. Refinements that will make things a little better.

I will admit that for someone else maybe there is something that is major enough to buy a new camera but for me the cameras I own are all so good in those areas improvements may not tempt me to part with my hard earned money. It isn't that I wouldn't appreciate the improvements, I just have other things to spend money on. Between 2008 and 2018 I purchased 8 cameras as tech improvements kept me buying but what I have now, while not perfect, has reached the satisfaction point that I can resist the urge for something new, although the RX100vi is tempting.

Right now I need 3 cameras to satisfy my desires. A99ii for high IQ, RX10iv for lens range, Auto Focus and video in a compact size and RX100 for sub compact size.

-- hide signature --

Tom

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
(unknown member)
T3
EXX
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow