Why does Sony have such a dominant market position in the US market

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Aberaeron Veteran Member • Posts: 7,306
Re: Why does Sony have such a dominant market position in the US market

T3 wrote:

George1958 wrote:

T3 - accept it , this is a national thing in the uk. Sony need promotions to sell.

https://www.sony.co.uk/cashback/summer

But how big is the UK market? The UK only has a population of 67 million. The US has a population of 330 million. Amazon, alone, has 101 million Prime subscribers...larger than the population of the United Kingdom.

In comparison, Japan has a population of 127 million...also larger than the UK. Look how well Sony is selling in Japan.

Perhaps you could explain the relevance of any of the above? You have sales figures for Japan and Amazon, if the Amazon figures are what you think they are, and emm, what are you trying to prove or show?

It seems to me that the current UK price, which includes 20% VAT sales tax, is about equal before tax to the US price which is always quoted before any sales tax applicable. Therefore the initial UK selling price, which I posted in another topic a couple of weeks ago, was at a premium to the US price. UK price has only dropped to approximately equal the US price as far as I can see.

The Sony cameras are selling well in the UK considering the political situation that is causing severe damage to all kinds of market spending, especially consumer spending on luxury goods.

Aberaeron's gear list:Aberaeron's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Sony SLT-A57 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
(unknown member)
T3
EXX
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow