Why does Sony have such a dominant market position in the US market

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Aberaeron Veteran Member • Posts: 7,340
Re: ↑ rise of YouTub Video + Sony A7 superior Low-light, Eye AF tracking

tbcass wrote:

Aberaeron wrote:

That is a sign of your advanced age. There are great big strides in focussing, video, live view on mirrorless cameras, 4 and even 6k photo modes, in-camera focus stacking, timelapse and so on. The thing is you will claim, in all probability, that none of that is relevant to you, which is another sign that you have landed in a rut by dint of time and your age.

I hope you realize that such insulting can get you banned.

The younger ones amongst us [I'm only 60], are still interested in all the new things around us everywhere, including in phones,

Phones bore me

cameras,

I love camera tech and what I own is advanced technologically.

cars

My car has every bell and whistle you can imagine.

and so on and on. Yeah, I know, none of which is relevant to you.

That is a lie.

You are incorrect and you completely misinterpreted the intention of my post. I have cameras with all the latest advances in focussing, video, live view and image quality (check my gear list). However from this point on I don't see any advances on the horizon that could be major improvements over what is available now. In addition many people just prefer DSLRs and OVFs (I am not one of them). DSLRs reached a limit to their technical possibilities a few years ago do those that use them have no incentive to upgrade or switch to mirrorless.

Advances never stop because one or two individuals cannot see where further advances could be coming from.

If you are happy with your current equipment, which is indeed pretty much state of the art, there is no reason for YOU to change or upgrade. I'm sure very many people are of the same opinion. However, younger people come along all the time that do have reason to upgrade and new features, capabilities and better, more expensive or different camera temptations are introduced from time to time. Just look at the latest Sony, Nikon and Canon and Panasonic full frame cameras just recently introduced and tell me with a straight face that there will not be people wanting to buy them for whatever personal reason, including better features and picture quality than their current cameras.

Aberaeron's gear list:Aberaeron's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Sony SLT-A57 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
(unknown member)
T3
EXX
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow