How I Got my $3500 Camera Kit Stolen on KitSplit for $70

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Aberaeron Veteran Member • Posts: 7,305
Re: How I Got my $3500 Camera Kit Stolen on KitSplit for $70

OldSchoolNewSchool wrote:

LisbethK wrote:

Hi, Lisbeth Kaufman here (CoFounder and CEO of KitSplit). I feel terribly for Yohahn and the other owner who had their gear stolen. I wanted to personally respond to let you know that we are fixing this and making them whole- and then some.

We are launching a new insurance product to cover owners in this situation: the KitSplit Theft Protection Owner Guarantee.

The Owner Guarantee means that KitSplit owners will be covered in all scenarios, whether damage, loss, or theft. It’s something we’ve been considered for a while, and with Yohahn's situation it’s clearly time.

We are the first rental platform to offer coverage of this kind. It fills a major insurance loophole, and it’s the right thing to do for our customers. To make good on this promise, we’re starting by reimbursing the Yohahn and the other owner.

You are welcome to read more about the problem and how we’re fixing it here.https://blog.kitsplit.com/announcing-kitsplit-theft-protection-owner-guarantee/

Really, LisbethK, you didn't think about fraud like this occurring and what to PROPERLY do about it when you started your business?? You waited for this to blow up in your face before doing something about it? And now, can ANYONE trust your "promises" going forward?? What kind of business person are you?? I wouldn't trust you or your company with a dime of my photographic equipment.

For the record, this, my 1,085th post on this site, and it is by far the meanest.

WOW! That told her. You're one to watch. 

Aberaeron's gear list:Aberaeron's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Sony SLT-A57 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow