Why does Sony have such a dominant market position in the US market

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Aberaeron Veteran Member • Posts: 7,338
Re: Why does Sony have such a dominant market position in the US market

jonhooverphot wrote:

In my opinion, Sony is more forward thinking than others by taking mirrorless technology and making it great! SLR is very outdated and was designed for film photography. The advanced technology of Sony's mirrorless cameras makes photography more fun for me.

Must say that I'm very partial to the developments made and led by M4/3 models and have only recently come back to Sony with their full frame mirrorless. I still have my A57 Sony DSLT though, which led me to selling my D5000 and going totally mirrorless from then on. As soon as I had used the A57 a while, I saw the advantage of mirrorless, which the A57 is in a way, apart from actually having a fixed mirror. The DSLT is a part way towards full mirrorless.

One of the big developments with mirrorless is the touchscreen, full liveview and, more than anything, the availability of multiple focus points covering the majority of the field of view. That is lacking on the A57 with only 15 points concentrated towards the centre of the view.

Aberaeron's gear list:Aberaeron's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Sony SLT-A57 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
(unknown member)
T3
EXX
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow