Why does Sony have such a dominant market position in the US market

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 1,972
Re: ↑ rise of YouTub Video + Sony A7 superior Low-light, Eye AF tracking

Aberaeron wrote:

tbcass wrote:

The vast majority of DSLRs I see on the street in the USA are older models which doesn't bode well for sales of newer ones. The DSLRs people already own are good enough and get the job done so why but a new one? Gear nerds (I used to be one) who lust after the latest and greatest no matter how small the improvements can carry sales only so far. I used to upgrade my cameras regularly because they offered improvements I really wanted. Now however I see nothing that makes me want to replace what I already have.

The moral of this story is camera sales were carried for years by advances in technology. Now, however, digital tech has matured to the point where most people just stick with what they have, replacing when their camera breaks.

That is a sign of your advanced age. There are great big strides in focussing, video, live view on mirrorless cameras, 4 and even 6k photo modes, in-camera focus stacking, timelapse and so on. The thing is you will claim, in all probability, that none of that is relevant to you, which is another sign that you have landed in a rutt by dint of time and your age.

The younger ones amongst us [I'm only 60], are still interested in all the new things around us everywhere, including in phones, cameras, cars and so on and on. Yeah, I know, none of which is relevant to you.

Ouch!  

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
(unknown member)
T3
EXX
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow